PR enquiries: ciskabell@gmail.com

16 October 2012

Current beauty favourites!




Hey there!

Basically, I haven't done a beauty related post in a while so I thought I'd tell you all what my current favourites are because I have recently found the products that I use everyday; kind of my staple products. So as you can see above, there is an array of stuff including some new found stuff, so here we go and I hope you enjoy!

1) Collection's 'Lasting Perfection Concealer'

As you all probably know, this has been a massive cult favourite in the beauty blogging world, but I just wanted to refresh my love for this as I just re-purchased it.



Even though it is pretty high coverage, it still manages to look natural, brightening and not cakey, with the added long lasting-ness. In fact, I don't even need to use a foundation with this because it just covers up everything so flawlessly. I am in the shade medium 3, however, when I tried it in the shop, the darkest shade did match me as well. I just prefer it to be one shade lighter so that it can brighten up my under eye area as well and cover up the darkness and blemishes. The packaging is the only disappointment - I only just bought it last week and already the print on the tube has started to smudge and come off. Also, it only comes in 4 shades, which match pretty well but don't cater for much darker skin tones, so it means that some gals do have to miss out on this one. But overall, the best drugstore concealer I've found so far, be sure to check it out!

2) Sleek's 'Storm' palette and Eco Tools Angled brush

Although my eyebrows are pretty thick already, I still like to fill them in for a bit of extra colour and definition. I use the dark brown eyeshadow from the 'Storm' palette and the Eco Tools angled brush to fill them in and they work wonderfully.



The eyeshadow has just the right amount of warmth and ashyness to it, is so soft and pigmented and stays all day. The angled brush gives perfect definition and is just so useful to have in your kit as a staple product. As a side note, all of the Sleek palettes are absolutely amazing, so if you're looking for a good value for money make sure you take a look!

3) Maybelline's 'Great Lash' mascara in Blackest Black

If any of you have ever tried this mascara, then it might come as a surprise to you that I'm mentioning this as a favourite because this product doesn't seem to get much love - I certainly didn't like it when I first tried it. For me, it didn't really do much to my lashes, the brush was too small and it just seemed to be a bit of a waste of money. 



BUT, after trying it out more and curling my eyelashes before hand, I discovered that this mascara is actually amazing. If you apply 2-3 layers of it, it gives so much volume, length and drama and really gives you that doll eyed look. It does take some getting used to and I certainly had to learn how to apply this but once you get the hang of it, it's friggin fabulous!

Lashes before (look like a mouse)
Lashes after (oh my goodness me, are you seeing this length?!)

4) Benefit's 'Hoola' Bronzer

Yep, another cult favourite but I have been loving re-discovering this lately! If you haven't tried this bronzer, you are missing out on so much brilliant-ness..




Yes, it is a pricey purchase and yes, there are probably fabulous dupes out there, but this is seriously amazing. It is so soft to apply and isn't orangey at all. It gives you the perfect sun kissed glow whilst being completely matte so that you can contour equally well with it. Love this so much!

5) Sleek's 'Life's a Peach' blush

I have wanted this blush for so incredibly long that when I got it, I couldn't contain my excitement.




It looks so scary and orange but it gives you the most perfect glow that makes you look all autumny and happy. You can't apply too much of this, which is amazing. It just looks so natural - argh I love this so much! It is probably my most favourite item I will mention. However, it may not look so great on pale skin so I'd watch out for that. But overall, gah, its so good!

Zero makeup
Added concealer
The whole hog: mascara, bronzer and blush!

6) Nivea 'Pure and Natural: Milk and Honey' lip balm

Now, it's getting colder outside and my lips are always so chapped in the Autumn/Winter months, so this is so great to have just in my bag or pocket.




This is so moisturising and lovely, it lasts for an absolute age, it smells divine and it's cheap as chips. What else do you want in a lip balm?

7) Toni&Guy 'Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray'

Recently, my hair has been getting a lot curlier than it used to be, so I wanted to try something to enhance the curly-wurly that was going on. 



I originally heard about this from Zoella (who is amazing by the way, check her out if you haven't ever yet) and immediately wanted to try this but didn't want to buy the full size. So I bought the little size to give it a whirl and I was blown away. This makes my hair look as if it has actually been curled, it's like magic. So if you want to give your hair some texture and stuff, you can pick this up from Boots, it's pretty cheap, and try it out!


Are you seeing this voluminosinosity?

9) Eucerin 'Calming Urea Shampoo'

This sounds utterly disgusting - I must admit, I was freaked out when I first saw UREA - but it's not wee, I promise.



I discovered this through yet another beauty person: FleurDeForce (who is also very great). I suffer from really bad dry skin on my scalp as well as not being very unattractive, flaky skin is also annoying and itchy. So when I saw Fleur mention this, I jumped at the chance to buy it and try it out. Seriously, if you suffer from  dry skin on your scalp then you HAVE to buy this. It is so amazing - after even the first time of using it my head wasn't itchy and flaky, it was so much more comfortable! I couldn't praise this shampoo more. Because I still use my other normal shampoo and conditioner, I only massage this into my scalp when I'm washing my hair, and apply my Herbal Essences 'Hello Hydration' to the length of my hair, so that it still gets washed and smells lovely. I leave it in for about 2 minutes, wash it out and put conditioner in as usual and it works brilliantly. 

**

So I hope you enjoyed my little run down of everything I'm loving at the moment and I hope it gave you some ideas of new things to try out!
By the way, you can also now subscribe by email or follow me on Bloglovin, so please feel free to enter your email or click the subscribe button on the sides of the posts! 
Thank you so much to everyone who reads these posts, it really means a lot:) 

xxxx

2 comments:

  1. hey i love your blog its amazing please could you check out mine it would mean so much xoxox
    http://coleoftheballll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much - it means a lot! I will definitely check it out!xxx

      Delete